Saturday, February 21, 2009

Technoligically Challenged?

As some of you know, we just got a new laptop and got on-line at our house last Monday. The one thing I didn"t like about our new laptop was the touchpad. I have always used a mouse, and I just couldn't get used to the touchpad. I guess I am technologially challenged. There must be some kind of support group or educational retraining out there for people like me. After all, I've admitted that I have a problem. That's the first step. In the meantime, we were off to Wal-Mart in search of a mouse. I found one certified for Vista, which our laptop runs, and it has no mouseball on the bottom, so dirt doesn't get in, and you need no mouse pad. It has a sensor which eliminates the need for a mouse ball, and you just use the scroll wheel to go up and down in a document without clicking on the scroll bar on screen. There was no complicated software or drivers to install. I just plugged it in and it took off! And all this for $14.66!!!!!! I'm a happy camper!

3 comments:

  1. i hate my touch mouse thingy too...i finally figured out how to turn it off so i don't get redirected to some crazy place while i'm typing...happy camper here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well on mine there's just a little button above the touch mouse that you can turn on and off...on some machines, though, you have to go in through the control panel and fix it there...

    ReplyDelete