Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our Nashville Trip







h










Ok, I am behind but here are a few promised pictures from our Nashville trip. We had a great time . I'm new at this, so I hope I get it right. Here is a picture of Bobby in our room.

























  1. Our first stop was RCA Studio B, a famous recording studio on Music Row where just about everybody, not just country singers, has recorded at one point. The piano is one played many many times by Elvis Presley. In fact, he kept trying to buy it, but no luck.



  2. Speaking of Elvis, see the cabinet above with the missing panel? This is courtesy of the foot of the King of Rock'n'roll himself. Seems EP was recording one night and the equipment wasn't quite up to par. The king then declared that as much money as he was making for RCA, he expected the equipment to be working and proceded to give a karate kick (he was a black belt) to the cabinet.







  1. In the picture of the guitar and the clothes, the guitar belongs to Charlie Daniels and the clothes belong to Hank Williams Jr. These and many other pictures were taken on our next stop, which was the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. The plaque is Kitty Wells' plaque in the Hall of Fame. See how shiny her nose is? This is because there is a legend in Country music that if you rub her nose on the plaque, you will have good luck. Sorry the pictures aren't posted within the message instead of all at the top. I'll learn! Anyway, we had a great time and hope to go again. Let hear from you and tell me what you think. God bless.



3 comments:

  1. wow, Elvis had quite a temper, huh? Now I don't feel so bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Elvis's temper and Hank's guitar!

    On another note (gettit? note? never mind...) I have had to make my blog a private one because of a troll. If you would send me an email address, I will be able to "invite" you to my blog and you can keep following! Would love to see you there still.

    ReplyDelete